Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 7-10, 2013

This week has been pretty boring and uneventful.

On the way to and in DFW last week/weekend, I blew through $90+ of gas in 4 days driving around so much. That is not sustainable on my budget, especially staying idle in an area I don't really care about!

I put in $75 more of gas at $2.979/gal on Sunday evening, as I was getting down low again. That's all the pump would allow me to charge on my debit card so I left it at that.

I have used about $20-25 in gas in the past 3 days.. not bad. I stayed two nights in Decatur TX since the library is 1/2 a mile from the Wal-Mart. It was super convenient and I didn't have to burn much fuel at all yesterday.

Today I moved on to the Sunset RV Park just south of Sunset, TX. With my Passport America discount card, I got a 30A spot for $12.50 with full hookups. They also offer free laundry (3 washers, 3 dryers) and have restrooms and showers (one toilet and shower each for men & women). The WIFI is messed up right now but seems to work in short intervals.

Oddly enough, I am getting the best Sprint 3G data speeds (2meg and up) that I have ever had. Very strange for out in the middle of no where. It must be a tower they haven't downgraded the 3G speeds on yet or something. Even on 4G in the DFW area, I was lucky to get 3-5meg down.

I was near due for dumping my tanks anyway, so I figured it was a good time to pay rent someplace.  It was only a 19 mile drive from Decatur and it will only be a 10 mile drive tomorrow to Bowie for stopping over at a Wal-Mart again. Plus I can get a shower tonight.

I am pretty much just trying to kill the days without driving too much at this point... but still getting some miles behind me. I guess that summarizes how I will be spending almost every day, really.

A shot of the van at the RV park.

No comments:

Post a Comment