Saturday, June 23, 2018

Pittsburg Public Use Area (Missouri)

I stayed at Pittsburg Public Use area which is a free campground, at least until sometime in 2019. when it's changing to paid. I don't know how much, however. It's primitive with water spigots and vault toilets, with a camp host on site. No electric, dump station or showers. Sights are mostly very unlevel.

One morning, near the end of my 13 night stay (May 11-23), I woke up to a horrible scraping noise under the trailer. I had removed half of the underbelly skin to get rid of tons of old rats nests and wastes, and an armadillo decided it would be a great place to live, even carrying in fresh green leaves to munch on later! The noise was it's tail dragging and claws on the thin sheet metal. After disturbing it a lot and removing more of the sheet metal, it wandered out after I left it alone, just as I was returning. Then it just wandered up next to me sniffing around on the ground, then left. Go figure.









No comments:

Post a Comment